Thursday, March 13, 2014

Looking Back, Looking Ahead


Image Source

First Day of Class

Time flies, my technology course will be finished tonight. Memory of the first of class is still vivid in my mind. Our teacher introduced quite amount of technology tools and applications that I did not know and hear about. Moreover, I had to create my blog, my professional website, and using different Web 2.0 tools to create different projects. I felt so burdened after the first day of class since I wasn’t a technology person. I didn’t have such technology senses and skills to do all those assignments. I was so worried that I couldn’t make it.

Learning Technology

As time went by, I was exposed to different kind of technology tools and I learned to use them one by one. All the assignments in this class were new to me, such as Prezi, QR rcode, Glogster, Blabberize, and so on. I sometimes needed to spend couple of hours to figure out how to use some new applications and tools. I remember I tried back and forth to adjust the outlook of my first blog post for so many times.  That’s time consuming in the beginning. However, I found that the more you use technology, the better technique you acquire. Once you get the key to open the technology world, you will find so much fun and good tools in there. I feel my burden is getting lighter after each class and I have more confidence in using technology.

Look Forward

Prezi, Glogster, Blaberrize and QR code are the applications that I like. I was so excited to make my first Prezi, a Glog, Blaberr, and I was amazed to generate a QR code. They are so practical and awesome. I definitely will use them again and again. As I will have my student teaching very soon, I will use them to make in my teaching. I already think about use Blaberrize to have students retell the story book “Brown Bear, brown Bear, What Do You See?”, and I also will develop a classroom website to connect with the parents. Moreover, I will learn to use ThingLink and Wordle so that I can use them in my teaching at well. Even though this class will be ended soon, I will keep learning technology. I should learn more to keep myself from outdated and I need more tech knowledge to teach our 21st century learners.

Image Source
 



No comments:

Post a Comment