Thursday, March 6, 2014

QR Code

Image source

      After using two interact and visual tools to teach the lesson of  identifying coins, I use QR code to generate a worksheet for children to identify the value of penny and nickel. QR code – Quick Response code, is a type of matrix barcode. We can get a piece of information, a URL, a coupon or more by reading this kind of codes with a QR code reader application.  When I first saw QR code in a restaurant, I had no idea what is this about. I was told that I could use that code to order our food. Since I had no smart phone at that time, I had no attempts to learn more.

        I learn how to use QR code in my technology class and I think it is a good tool to promote children’s motivation to find out the answers their owns. I think it would be fun to put QR codes all over the classroom and instruct students to do some planned activities, such as treasure hunt, or some problem solving activities.  Moreover, we can use the codes to show the answers on the worksheet so that students can check out the answers after doing the worksheet.

        It is very easy to generate a QR code; we can do it via couple Websites. We can generate a Website URL, youtube video, plain text, social network accounts and so on to a QR code.  And then we can save it on our computers or use it whatever we want. Generating a QR code is easier than I thought. I could not believe I finished the process just with a click when I first did it. I used my phone to read the code to confirm I did it. I was so excited to see how I put a google image into a QR code. I t was very fascinating. Besides using QR code in teaching, I think we can use it in some games or activities with different age groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment